Monday, June 6, 2011

Goodbye




















Mom and Dad were both caught up in surgery and Jeff had his own college graduation to deal with so I celebrated my graduation alone.























Later that night I received a phone call from Jeff, he was crying and I knew something must have happened.
It turns out my parents had gotten friends to take over their shifts so they could be at my graduation.

 But on the way to Bridgeport, they were in a car accident and they didn’t survive.  I couldn’t believe two of the most important people in my life were taken from me so soon. It didn’t seem fair they were only forty… we still had so much time to spend together.

   I returned home to make the funeral arrangements and Jeff was by my side through it all. I don’t know if I could have had the strength to do it without him.

  I was truly blessed to have a friend like him.  A few days after the funeral I attended the reading of my parents will being as I was the only child, I was left the family home.  My parents worked their whole lives to try and give me the best they could, and that house was important to them. I still remember how happy they were the day we moved in. I decided then and there to move back home and I was determined to be the man I know my parents would have wanted me to be. Although they were gone they would live on through me and the many generations of Wallace’s to come.

7 comments:

  1. It will get better for alex.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great chapter! Really liked it even though it was sad but I'm sure he will have a great life. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww its sad that such decisions always seem to be made in the heart of tragedy. I look forward to seeing how Alex's story moves on from here.

    ReplyDelete