Friday, June 3, 2011

Memories.


















Memories are funny things; as I sit here writing this, it’s odd how easy it is to remember the events of my life.  I was born in a small town called Rainbow Bay.











Money was scarce. We lived in a one bedroom shack I slept in a crib in my parents room.













Although we had little money we were happy just having each other.
  When I was 8, we moved to a nicer house. My parents had been promoted; they were still far from their dream - but getting closer. 




















One day, while I was playing at the park, I met a boy about my age swinging on the swing set.

  I walked over and introduced myself.  I learned his name was Jeff, and he and his family had just moved here from riverview.  We spent the rest of the day playing in the park together. I didn’t know it at the time,but Jeff would not only become my best friend, but a important person in my life.
Many things in my life changed over the years. The one thing that stayed the same was my friendship with Jeff; we were always together. We didn’t think of ourselves as friends but rather brothers.  We even celebrated our sixteenth birthdays together. 


And my parents had finally reached their dream.

We moved into a mansion on the highest hill in Rainbow Bay.



 
The times of our childhoods, sadly, don’t last forever. Soon it was time for my graduation.  I received a full scholarship to attend Bridgeport University and I was so excited. It had been my dream to go there ever since I was a kid. Jeff would be attending the University of Rainbow Bay.
But that meant I had to leave my parents and my best friend behind. Although I wished they could be there with me, it’s all part of growing up, I guess.  I said my goodbyes and headed out for Bridgeport.   



2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am excited to see the new chapter out. Woot! It was really nice that you were going back and showing what happened with his parents and everything. Can't wait to see what happens next. ^^

    ReplyDelete